SMGM-3604 Otto Ude Knights Cross Winner signatures W/note from wife to Emilie Caldwell Stewart
1 in stock
- A 4×6″ photo with post war signature in white marker. As a bonus, it includes the envelope and lengthy note dated 1990 sent to Emilie Caldwell Stewart, a well known paper work expert and author. It’s possible this was in her personal collection at one point. The note and envelope is signed and addressed several times by “Hildegard Ude” which I’m assuming is his wife.
- From Traces of War:
- Date of birth:
- August 12th, 1911 (Einbeck/Hannover, Germany)
- Date of death:
- December 13th, 1987
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Zugführer 1. / Radfahr-Abteilung 30
- Awarded on:
- January 15th, 1943
The following newspaper excerpt (dated 29.01.1943) describes why Ude was awarded the Knight’s Cross…
“Oberwachtmeister Ude successfully defended a strongpoint near Lake Ilmen with a handful of soldiers.”
Do you have
Whether it’s individual pieces or full collections, we’ll buy it!